Saturday 14 June 2014

15 Years Reviewing for The Galway Advertiser

My review of Hellkite, the recent short story collection by Geraldine  Mills, is published in this week's Galway Advertiser.

SINCE 2001, Geraldine Mills has published six books - each its own particular kind of gem - and yet she is much less famous than she should be.” You can read the review in full on The Galway Advertiser website. 

My first ever book review was published in The Galway Advertiser way back in June 1999, exactly fifteen years ago. The book reviewed was Kerry On My Mind, a collection of essays by Kerry poet Gabriel Fitzmaurice. You can read my first effort at literary criticism in Mentioning the War: Essays & Reviews (1999-2011), which was published a couple of years ago by Salmon

No one else has mentioned this anniversary, so I thought it only appropriate to send myself a card.